For employers with ten or more staff to be trained, a cost-effective solution is a private seminar. MBC would be pleased to design and present a private seminar tailored specifically to your organization’s needs: the seminar can be held on-site or off, as you prefer, and scheduled for a date that makes sense for you, subject only to MBC availability.
See the list below for some of the topics that are available. Or, contact MBC to discuss a private seminar package custom-made for you.
Anti-Violence and Anti-Harassment Training
In response to the Ministry of Labour’s new amendment to the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act requiring Ontario employers to have a policy and a program on violence and harassment in the workplace, (with several other provinces in Canada having followed suit with similar legislation) MBC now offers you the training you need to ensure that you are legally fulfilling Provincial requirements. Given the time constraints you have in practicing your profession, let MBC's Anti-Harassment and Anti-Violence training service be the ideal solution to keep your employees informed about the policy and, most importantly, to keep you legally protected and up-to-date with legislation.
Sexual Harassment and Other Human Rights Issues
Filing a complaint with the Ontario (or Canadian) Human Rights Commission is a very easy and common step for employees to take. Unfortunately, the complaints often turn out to be well founded, partly because workplaces are still rife with harassment and other human rights problems. The difficulty for businesses is that they promote into management positions people who are good at what they do, but not necessarily knowledgeable about human rights issues or employment law generally. This seminar can help.
What You Don't Know Can Really Hurt You™
What Every Businessperson Should Know About Employment Law
This is a comprehensive seminar that covers the major areas you need to know about, in a practical, step-by-step way. When held as a private seminar, it can be scheduled for a time and place of your choosing (subject to MBC availability).
The seminar topics include the following:
- One simple step you can take with your employees that may save you manythousands of dollars;
- The 7 deadly sins that could trigger a costly Human Rights Commission complaint against you arising from your advertising, applications, and interviews;
- The biggest, most expensive mistake businesses often make using independent contractors and how to avoid it;
- Two employment law concepts every business should understand;
- What you definitely want to have before you try to fire someone for “just cause”;
- Eleven practical tips on termination packages and avoiding lawsuits for constructive dismissal…and more.